Two Loosely Associated Pipelines?

Paddy pat.blanchon at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 14:22:33 PDT 2013

Yes - I have seen such a (similar - by no means identical) solution before.

Before I go dusting off my old notebook - does locking the states of the
elements outside of your source bins help at all?

If memory serves the similar(ish) approach used:
- many source pipelines that each fed into a custom sink - which was a very
simple plugin that maintained a reference to the most recent buffer
received, which was then stored in a static array of buffer pointers indexed
by the unique ID given to the source pipeline at its creation [0..N]
- sink pipelines, fed by a custom push sources which read the most recent
buffers from a list of source pipelines (i.e. list of array indices into the
above array) & video mixed them into an output buffer.

I don't know if this kind of stuff is supported - but it's never stopped me
before.

Only one main loop was used.

Cheers,

Paddy