Two Loosely Associated Pipelines?

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 10:06:24 PDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 5:22 PM, Paddy <pat.blanchon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes - I have seen such a (similar - by no means identical) solution before.
>
> Before I go dusting off my old notebook - does locking the states of the
> elements outside of your source bins help at all?

I have no idea. I didn't even know you *could* lock the state of an
element. How do you do that? It definitely sounds like something I should
try...

> If memory serves the similar(ish) approach used:
> - many source pipelines that each fed into a custom sink - which was a very
> simple plugin that maintained a reference to the most recent buffer
> received, which was then stored in a static array of buffer pointers
> indexed
> by the unique ID given to the source pipeline at its creation [0..N]
> - sink pipelines, fed by a custom push sources which read the most recent
> buffers from a list of source pipelines (i.e. list of array indices into
> the
> above array) & video mixed them into an output buffer.

That sounds about right, but how did you prevent state changes in the front
half from propagating to the back; this "state locking" you mentioned
before?

--
Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.