Two Loosely Associated Pipelines?

Paddy pat.blanchon at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 10:33:08 PDT 2013

gboolean   gst_element_set_locked_state(GstElement *element, gboolean
locked_state);

Lock the element/bins state with gst_element_set_locked_state() then its
parent's state changes don't propogate down. When I create an element/bin I
want to do this with I lock it at creation then explicitly target it to
changed the state; viz.

gst_element_set_locked_state(my_element, TRUE);
gst_element_set_state(my_element, PLAYING);
gst_element_set_state(pipeline, PLAYING);

I also do this when discarding bins - there's an occasional race when
blocking/unblocking srcpads & the subsequent pipeline state change
(PAUSED->PLAYING) overrides setting the discarded bin state to NULL. eg.
gst_element_set_locked_state(discarded_element, TRUE);
gst_element_set_state(discarded_element, NULL);

Separate pipeline are just that - separate (even tho they run in the same
loop). There's no need to worry about state changes in one magically
affecting any other (AFAIK).