Element-Level Documentation?

Marc Olzheim marc at your.tv
Wed Jun 19 01:54:50 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 02:15:12PM -0400, Stirling Westrup wrote:
> Lately I've been finding that I'm having to read a lot of element source
> code in order to find the doxygen descriptions embedded in it, that tells
> me what the element actually does and what its properties actually control
> and how.
>
> This information currently shows up neither as part of gst-inspect-1.0's
> output, nor does it show up in either the Application guide or the Plugin
> Writer's guide.
>
> Is there any make parameter to have this element-level doxygen information
> collected and published as a PDF so that I have a handy reference without
> having to keep going back to the element sources?

See http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/index.html for tuning the
config file generated in step 1 (doxygen -g).

doxygen -g
<Edit the config file (for instance INPUT = ., RECURSIVE = yes)
doxygen
cd latex
make

Of course supplying a default config file in the source tree (may be the
in the common repo ?) would be handier...

Marc