Hardware decoding on android using GStreamer

yusuf.husainy yusuf.husainy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 14:03:28 PDT 2013

Thanks Andoni,

Is androidmedia plugin a decoder in itself, or is it set of different
plugins?

Also, I could not find some examples on androidmedia used in GStreamerSDK.
If you know some example code that I can refer to understand, that would be
wonderful.

What I think is, my pipeline should be something like this--
udpsrc caps="" ! tsdemux ! queue ! androidmedia(ffdec_h264?) ! eglglessink

Also, this may seem silly, but I do know how to do logging on Desktop Linux
machines for GStreamer, but I am not that comfortable as yet with android
environment, so how would I go about logging stuff in android similar to
what I would see if I would do "$gst-launch -v ...".

Then this would help me getting to know the caps of the decoder and would
help me analyze my problem.

I appreciate the help very much.

Regards,
Yusuf Husainy.