Hardware decoding on android using GStreamer

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 02:23:34 PDT 2013

2013/6/19 yusuf.husainy <yusuf.husainy at gmail.com>

> Thanks Andoni,
>
> Is androidmedia plugin a decoder in itself, or is it set of different
> plugins?
>
> Also, I could not find some examples on androidmedia used in GStreamerSDK.
> If you know some example code that I can refer to understand, that would be
> wonderful.
>
> What I think is, my pipeline should be something like this--
> udpsrc caps="" ! tsdemux ! queue ! androidmedia(ffdec_h264?) ! eglglessink
>
> Also, this may seem silly, but I do know how to do logging on Desktop Linux
> machines for GStreamer, but I am not that comfortable as yet with android
> environment, so how would I go about logging stuff in android similar to
> what I would see if I would do "$gst-launch -v ...".

GStreamer debug logs are redirected to the Android console,  you can use
gst_debug_set_default_threshold to configure the debug levels being printed.
Note there are 2 variants of the SDK, the release one, with debug logs
disabled, and the debug one with gst debug enabled.

Cheers,
Andoni

 Then this would help me getting to know the caps of the decoder and would
> help me analyze my problem.
>
> I appreciate the help very much.
>
> Regards,
> Yusuf Husainy.