Hardware decoding on android using GStreamer

Robert Krakora rob.krakora at messagenetsystems.com
Sat Jun 22 17:58:51 PDT 2013

Hi Yusuf,

The C920 is H.264 SVC (Scalable Video Coding) and your codec indicates that
it supports H.264 AVC (Advanced Video Coding).  Your decoder may not be
able to decode the H.264 SVC video produced by the C920.

Best Regards,

Rob

On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 5:43 PM, Nicolas Dufresne <
nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com> wrote:

> **
> Le samedi 22 juin 2013 à 13:31 -0700, yusuf.husainy a écrit :
>
>  I am using an h264parse element at the transmitter, which is capturing
> H264frames from C920. So, the H264 bitstream is already split up into
> logical units, this would mean that there wouldn't be a requirement of
> h264parse at the receiver also, right?, I mean I don't know, should I be
> using it?
>
> Also, in the /etc/media-codec.xml file, it states that the type of the
> media
> stream is video/avc, however, the video stream I have shows, it is
> video/x-h264, should this be an issue I should be looking at?
>

> H264 parse will convert the format as needed, or complete the caps (which
> seems to be your case). Since 1.0, it is required and was already
> recommended to always have it in 0.10.
>
> Nicolas

Rob Krakora
MessageNet Systems