Hardware decoding on android using GStreamer

yusuf.husainy yusuf.husainy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 11:47:57 PDT 2013

Hi,

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I worked further and was able to remove the not linking error. It seems, as
Nicolas said, h264parse was essential.

I am able to compile the application and it launches successfully on my
tablet.

When I press the play button:
Now, I get this error:
06-26 00:04:56.927: D/GStreamer+tutorial-3(7201): 0:00:05.920807000
0x5a65c320 jni/tutorial-3.c:88:set_ui_message Setting message to: Error
received from element amcvideodec-omxgoogleh264decoder0: GStreamer
encountered a general supporting library error.

A more detailed log of the application as shown on the logcat of the Eclipse
IDE:http://pastebin.com/EX8sgcEp

So it seems that the amcviddec-omxgoogleh264decoder element cannot dequeue
the input data as well as GStreamer encounters a library error.

Also, I ran the H264 from C920 to another linux desktop, and used H264/AVC
ffdec_h264 element, and it worked great. SO what I think is, it is not a
problem if I use the C920 H264/SVC or AVC, or I did not understand it
correctly.

I really appreciate everyone's help.

Regards,
Yusuf Husainy.