GStreamer MSI Installer

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 02:32:06 PDT 2013

2013/6/25 Kyle <zeranoe at gmail.com>

> I'm trying to compile the MSI installer on a Windows machine that includes
> the GStreamer SDK.
>
> Is there any way to not run all of Cerbero and just build the MSI
> installers? I would just like to see how Cerbero builds the installers so I
> can build my own that match.
>
> I've tried to look into the python scripts to see how, but my
> understanding of Python is not where it needs to be.
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.

Recreating the installer with the same files looks a bit useless, but it's
still possible to do it without recompiling everything and provide you
selected to install everything. Follow the instructions in the docs to
install WiX and create a new config file with the installation prefix where
you installed the SDK (check the arch path is correct):

prefix = 'c:/gstreamer-sdk/0.10/x86/'

and run

./cerbero-uninstalled -c new_config.cbc package gstreamer-sdk
--skip-deps-build

The --skip-deps-build paramater will start the packaging without building
all the dependencies.

Cheers,
Andoni

> Best regards,