Hardware decoding on android using GStreamer

Robert Krakora rob.krakora at messagenetsystems.com
Tue Jun 25 11:57:15 PDT 2013

Hi Yusuf,

The H264 decoder wrapped in the ffdec_h264 plugin supports AVC and SVC.  I
have used it as well as a Fluendo software and hardware accelerated plugins
and they do as well.  Your decoded stated that it support AVC explicitly
and did not make mention of SVC, but that does not mean that it may not
also support SVC as well.  If video does not decode you may want to take a
look at the codec.  :)

Best Regards,

Rob

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 2:47 PM, yusuf.husainy <yusuf.husainy at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the replies everyone.
>
> I worked further and was able to remove the not linking error. It seems, as
> Nicolas said, h264parse was essential.
>
> I am able to compile the application and it launches successfully on my
> tablet.
>

> When I press the play button:
> Now, I get this error:
> 06-26 00:04:56.927: D/GStreamer+tutorial-3(7201): 0:00:05.920807000
> 0x5a65c320 jni/tutorial-3.c:88:set_ui_message Setting message to: Error
> received from element amcvideodec-omxgoogleh264decoder0: GStreamer
> encountered a general supporting library error.
>
> A more detailed log of the application as shown on the logcat of the
> Eclipse
> IDE:http://pastebin.com/EX8sgcEp
>
> So it seems that the amcviddec-omxgoogleh264decoder element cannot dequeue
> the input data as well as GStreamer encounters a library error.
>
> Also, I ran the H264 from C920 to another linux desktop, and used H264/AVC
> ffdec_h264 element, and it worked great. SO what I think is, it is not a
> problem if I use the C920 H264/SVC or AVC, or I did not understand it
> correctly.
>
> I really appreciate everyone's help.
>
> Regards,
> Yusuf Husainy.