Query firewire device name in gstreamer

Edhoari Setiyoso edhoari.s at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 11:27:18 PST 2013

Hi All,

I'm building an app that needs to list all capture device in the system. I
already able to query device name for audio and v4l device. But I'm still
unable to get the name for connected firewire device (a camcorder).

Here is part of the properties I can get
found device : "36105213144400385"
device-name : "Default"
name : "dv1394src1"
guid : "0"

Kino is able to tell the device name (Panasonic NV 390) and capture from
it. That should tell everything works just fine. Now I need to enumerate
the device using gstreamer. Could anyone share their experience on this?

Best Regards

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 1:42 AM, edhoari <edhoari.s at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All, I'm building an app that needs to list all capture device in the
> system. I already able to query device name for audio and v4l device. But
> I'm still unable to get the name for connected firewire device (a
> camcorder). Here is part of the properties I can get found device :
> "36105213144400385" device-name : "Default" name : "dv1394src1" guid : "0"
> Kino is able to tell the device name (Panasonic NV 390) and capture from
> it. That should tell everything works just fine. Now I need to enumerate
> the device using gstreamer. Could anyone share their experience on this?
> Best Regards

Edhoari Setiyoso