Gstreamer plugin

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Tue Mar 5 06:07:04 PST 2013

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 8:20 AM, tajourim <tajouri.maher at gmail.com> wrote:

> thank you for reply Josh,
> I think that you don't understand my problem. I will explain again.
> I created a plugin with sink pad and source pad. I want to execute this
> command:
> > gst-launch filesrc location=stream/movie.h264 ! plguin
> But my element's sink pad wasn't linked to the data stream (srcpad of
> filesrc).
> NOTE: gst_pad_link() function links the source pad and the sink pad to the
> same element
> I want to link my element's sink pad to the srcpad of filesrc.

We still need more information. Given your command, gst-launch will
automatically try and link the src pad of filesrc with the sink pad of your
element (that is a pad with direction GST_PAD_SINK). If it failed to link,
there could be numerous reasons. Perhaps there's no valid intersection
between the caps templates of the two pads. Or perhaps your element fails
to initialize. Or no valid caps could be negotiated. However since the caps
of the src of filesrc is ANY, caps negotiation problems are unlikely.

You need to provide more information about the actual error that is
occurring. Try debugging with a high level, pipe it to a file, then inspect
that.

Also note that gst_pad_link() links any two pads together, not just within
the same element.

-Josh