GStreamer Multicast on Android

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Wed Mar 6 06:57:08 PST 2013

The wpa_supplicant is not a driver. It is a user-mode program that mediates
between the higher-level network access via WI-FI and the IP network stack.
It doesn't do any filtering of any type, though it does make IOCTL calls
into the kernel network code and listens to messages and events triggered
from that stack. If anything is blocking the multicast traffic it is likely
a configuration item on the device, though that may not be exposed.