Gthread error on channel change : GThread-ERROR **: file gthread-posix.c: line 171 (g_mutex_free_posix_impl):

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Mar 7 01:07:34 PST 2013

On Wed, 2013-03-06 at 22:46 -0800, deepthips wrote:

> I tried channel change in my mediaplyer application and it got crashed at
> random times with the following error.
>
> GThread-ERROR **: file gthread-posix.c: line 171 (g_mutex_free_posix_impl):
> error 'Device or resource busy' during 'pthread_mutex_destroy
> ((pthread_mutex_t *) mutex)'
> aborting...
>
> Any help? Searched and found this commonly but not sure of what could be
> causing this.

This means a mutex is freed while it's still being locked. This could be
a bug in some plugin or piece of code, or it indicate a bug in the
application (might happen when there's a refcount error and an element
gets unrefed while still being used in the pipeline, for example).

Or an element/pipeline is unrefed/freed without having been set to
GST_STATE_NULL before.

What exactly does 'channel change' mean? How are you trying to achieve
this?

Cheers
 -Tim