Gstreamer plugin

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Thu Mar 7 04:56:59 PST 2013

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 5:18 AM, tajourim <tajouri.maher at gmail.com> wrote:

> Good morning,
> i resolve my problem cuased by the filesrc cannot link its src pad to my
> element's sink pad. I just add activate_function which choose a scheduling
> mode ,so it seems correct. Now i want to expose my plugin to gstreamer in
> order that the autoplugin detects my plugin and its type media. I
> understant
> the concept of autoplugin but i didn't know how to implement it.

Glad you resolved that problem, it definitely required a bit of
investigation. If your element is just a decoder, it would be best to use
the base class, GstVideoDecoder, as it handles many important details for
you.

As for autoplugging in something like decodebin, you need to implement a
typefinding function, and then make sure the rank (GstRank) is high enough
to be preferred over any other decoders that can handle the same format:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/pwg/html/section-types-typefind.html
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/GstPluginFeature.html#GstRank

-Josh