Timestamp drift when using dmix/dsnoop plugins with alsasrc/sink

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.co.uk
Thu Mar 7 19:10:44 PST 2013

Le lundi 04 mars 2013 à 18:37 +0000, Nox Deleo a écrit :

> I've tried adjusting buffer/sample sizes in my .asoundrc, messing with
> various options in alsasrc/sink, and even using a lowlatency kernel.
> These don't seem to do anything to diminish this problem. I could
> introduce latency problems by setting buffer/sample sizes too low, but
> this problem never changed at all, which makes me think it's not a
> straight latency issue.

Not that I have any solution here, but I'd like to mention that in this
case it's not a latency issue but the audio clock speed not going the
same speed as the selected clock. The distance can changed, in contrast
with latency where the distance remain the same.

One question, any reason not to use the audio clock and slave the other
clocks to the audio clock ?

Nicolas