Trick mode: backward play is not happening for WMV

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Wed Mar 13 02:08:38 PDT 2013

Hi,

> > This is not supported yet by the ASF demuxer. Reverse playback is
> > disabled even in the most recent versions.
> >
> > Someone needs to implement this.
>
> Did you mean that reverse playback is not supported for any version of
> gstreamer for any platform till today?

Not for ASF/WMV. For other formats, yes.

It depends on the specific demuxer/parsers/decoders used. The entire
decoding chain needs to properly support reverse playback for this to
work correct.

> If not then please let me know for which platform/ gstreamer version
> reverse playback is supported?
> Or if there is any type of file that is supported for reverse playback?

> My actual requirement is to run reverse playback on Freescale i.MX53 (
> ARM Cortex -A8) platform and the gstreamer version is 0.10.

You might have better luck with quicktime/mp4, but you might need to fix
your Freescale decoders to support reverse playback. I have yet to see
embedded hardware decoders that support this out of the box.

Cheers
 -Tim