Cerbero and SYSROOT with arm-linux-androideabi-gcc

Jacques Bride jacques.bride at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 04:41:10 PDT 2013

Hello

I am trying to cross compile a Gstreamer package for Android using the
Cerbero build system but it fails because it cannot make the C compiler
working.

I work on Ubuntu 12.04. I may have missed something with cerbero
installation: does it require the android ndk (version r8b only) to be
installed under its directory? not other version in no other place? Or
maybe I incorrectly installed my NDK....

I have the Android NDK R8D installed in a separate directory
<MYHOME>/Android/android-ndk-r8d

I added in the PATH :

<MYHOME>/Android/android-ndk-r8d/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/prebuilt/linux-x86/bin

I have exported
SYSROOT=<MYHOME>/Android/android-ndk-r8d/platforms/android-9/arch-arm

when I try: arm-linux-androideabi-gcc --sysroot=$SYSROOT helloworld.c : it
generates a.out

but cerbero complains: cerbero -c config/cross-android.cbc package
gstreamer-sdk

  checking for arm-linux-androideabi-gcc... arm-linux-androideabi-gcc
-fuse-ld=gold
  checking whether the C compiler works... no
  configure: error: in
`<MYHOME>/cerbero/sources/android_arm/libffi-3.0.11/arm-unknown-linux-androideabi':

and the file config.log shows that the sysroot variable is taken as:
  --sysroot=<MYHOME>/cerbero/android-ndk-r8b/platforms/android-9/arch-arm

How can I change the sysrrot variable used by cerbero?
Or is my problem not related?

Thanks