fatal error: gst/gst.h: No such file or directory

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Mon Mar 18 07:50:19 PDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-03-18 at 07:21 -0700, mohammadreza wrote:

Hi,

> During compiling a Hello.c GStreamer I face to this error :
>
> fatal error: gst/gst.h: No such file or directory
> I'm using :
> #include <gst/gst.h>
> #include <glib.h>
>

> any idea why ?

It would be helpful if you told us the exact command line you used that
generated this error.

I'm guessing you are not using pkg-config to get the compiler and linker
flags. Try:

 $ gcc -o hello hello.c `pkg-config --cflags --libs gstreamer-1.0`

(or gstreamer-0.10 if you're stuck with the old version).

Cheers
 -Tim