Issue with GESSimpleTimelineLayer/GNonLin

Alex Stefan Kaye noxdeleo at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 18 08:26:27 PDT 2013

I'm experimenting with GESSimpleTimelineLayer as a simple audio playlist, but I'm seeing some odd issue with the GNonLin components that make up the timeline. If I add some audio files to the timeline (as URIClipAssets) and set my pipeline to playing, I get a weird issue. The first audio file plays, then the second one, but the second one doesn't start from the beginning, but from a point equal to the duration of the first file. I used a GObject timeout to check the position of each individual clip, and they stay at 0 until they start to play, at which point the position jumps forward. If I set GST_DEBUG to 5 for gnl* elements, I'm seeing seek events that look like they might be causing the problem.

Some code snippets:

self.playlist = GES.Timeline.new()
self.live = GES.SimpleTimelineLayer.new()
self.track = GES.Track.audio_raw_new()
self.playlist.add_layer(self.live)
self.playlist.add_track(self.track)
GES.UriClipAsset.new(Gst.filename_to_uri('track_1.mp3'), None, self.on_asset_loaded, None)
GES.UriClipAsset.new(Gst.filename_to_uri('track_2.mp3'), None, self.on_asset_loaded, None)
GES.UriClipAsset.new(Gst.filename_to_uri('track_3.mp3'), None, self.on_asset_loaded, None)

def on_asset_loaded(self, clip_asset, result, *user_data):
    clip = clip_asset.extract()
    self.live.add_object(clip, -1)

Any ideas? From the look of the Git log for GES, it looks like it's being worked on pretty heavily (I guess for the 0.10 - 1.0 transition?). Maybe I've started using this too early.