dvbsrc status (and hints)

Luca Santini luca.santini at spesonline.com
Tue Mar 19 09:40:37 PDT 2013

hi everyone,

i would like to use a gstreamer pipeline to watch dvb-t television, but
i'm in trouble in filtering desidered channel (using dvbsrc pids=) into
the captured stream.
Trying some frequencies, without setting pids, sometimes i'm able to see
a random channel into the stream... but i never been able to isolate the
desired one!
I also discovered the gnome-DVBDaemon project, with it's totem plugin,
but neither using it i'm able to successfully watch tv.

So the question is: is there any known limit in current gstreamer dvbsrc
or tsdemux elements?
Anybody can give me an hint?

thanks,
Luca

p.s: my test pipeline is something like this:

gst-launch-1.0 dvbsrc frequency=482000000 pids=4113:4114 bandwidth=8
code-rate-lp=AUTO code-rate-hp=1/2 guard=4  hierarchy=0 modulation="QAM
64" trans-mode=8k inversion=AUTO ! tsdemux  ! xvimagesink