How to discard frames

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Wed Mar 20 11:54:09 PDT 2013

I think I found where my bad data was coming from and won't need the valve
now.  Many, many htanks, though.  It would have been, and still may be, a
great answer!

FWIW, a work of caution to anyone doing an audio sender/receiver
implementation.  If your target machine is Xubuntu 12.04 (as mine is) and
probably most any Linux with a new pulseaudio on it, there is a tab in gthe
sound preferences called "recording".  This is a mapped wrap from speaker
out to mic in.  It is provided for doing feedback analysis and
mixing/monitoring of what's being played out the speakers.

Just so happens that the input (mic) channel (that just happens to be tied
to the net because that is where mic input eventually goes in a sender) and
so it gets sent back to the source's receiver.

Wes