Timestamp drift when using dmix/dsnoop plugins with alsasrc/sink

Alex Stefan Kaye noxdeleo at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 19 15:19:29 PDT 2013

It pains me to have to bring this up again, but I've had to come back to the dmix/dsnoop way of doing things, and this issue remains. However, I don't think it's got anything to do with timestamp drift as I thought previously, but some oddity with ALSA.

If I set GST_DEBUG to 5 on alsa* plugins, I get this message repeatedly:
alsa gstalsasink.c:1023:gst_alsasink_write:<alsasink0> Write error: Resource temporarily unavailable

I've attached a complete copy of the log.