Issue with MpegTs packet loss

Baby Octopus jagadishkamathk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 06:51:17 PDT 2013

Hi,

My pipeline is receiving Mpeg TS Stream over UDP. The transport stream has
mpeg2 video stream and mp2 audio stream. I reencode this stream to H264 and
AAC and send it out via UDP again.

My pipeline is crashing after a few hours(2 to 10hours) When I digged into
this using logs and GDB, I found following two different issue.
1. Erroneous width and height is decoded after the Mpeg2 video sequence
start code( 0x000001B3). This width and height is setting an event and whole
pipeline is getting this new erroneous with and height causing it to crash
2. get_buffer is not called by avdec_mpeg2video after the previous
release_buffer. And hence, NULL pointer is getting accessed

Based on this, I have following question
1. Is startcode emulation possible when I have packet loss?
2. What is the job of mpegvideoparse? Is it the parser seeing the startcode
or the decoder?
3. How can I ignore the new sequence header and continue working on old
header?
4. I also see all the threads get closed and reopened when I found this
erroneous with and height. What is causing this and how can I avoid it from
happening?

Any info will be of lot of help for me.

Thanks,
BO