bzip2 and zlib headers

yusuf.husainy yusuf.husainy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 07:18:54 PDT 2013

Hi all,

on compiling my code for gstreamer on android using NDK, i got following log
message

/root/AndroidNDK/android-ndk-r8b/ndk-build all
GStreamer      : [GEN] => gst-build/gstreamer_android.c
GStreamer      : [COMPILE] => gst-build/gstreamer_android.c
GStreamer      : [LINK] => gst-build/libgstreamer_android.so
libavformat/matroskadec.c:995: error: undefined reference to
'BZ2_bzDecompressInit'
libavformat/matroskadec.c:1009: error: undefined reference to
'BZ2_bzDecompress'
libavformat/matroskadec.c:1012: error: undefined reference to
'BZ2_bzDecompressEnd'
libavformat/matroskadec.c:1003: error: undefined reference to
'BZ2_bzDecompressEnd'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [buildsharedlibrary] Error 1

I searched on google, found some answers that I have to install bzip2 and
zlib headers.
I would appreciate if someone can guide me to solve the above errors.

I am using ubuntu 12.04