packetized vs bytestream in rtp

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Thu Mar 28 07:44:02 PDT 2013

I specifically need rtph264pay to generate packetized data regardless of
the input. At least, I *THINK* that is what I need. Currently in converting
from MP2T to RTP (when the original source was also RTP) every packet has
the marker bit set. I have seen in many traces that rtph264pay is
classifying the stream as bytestream. I have tried setting the h264parse
element (before the rtph264pay element in the pipeline) to '0' and the
access-unit to true, but that generated some internal failure which I did
not investigate. I am hoping that by forcing 'packetized' I can get the
marker bit set correctly. Everything else if good.

BTW - my problem yesterday turned out to be multiple serious bugs in the
iDoubs package actually sending out RTP packets with 0 0 1 due to searching
for 0 0 0 1 in the encoded buffer (the encoder embedded 0 0 1 to delineate
slices), and consequently not ever finding or replacing any of the embedded
start codes.