No msg handler from elements

Xavier vangthomas37 at yahoo.fr
Wed May 8 02:30:28 PDT 2013

Hi Weavel,
Thanks for the reply.

Weavel wrote
> Hi Xavier,
>
> Xavier wrote
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm working on GStreamer ver0.10 with decklinksrc/decklinksink and rtsp
>> protocols.
>> I'm trying to get dB that coming into my encoder, but i met some
>> problems. I made the same code structure as the "level" element in this
>> documentation.
>>
>> https://www.google.fr/search?q=gstreamer+level&oq=gstreamer+level&sugexp=chrome,mod=2&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
>>
>> But i can't do GST_STATE_PLAYING for some reasons i have negotiation
>> problems (on the encoder) when trying to decode.
> So it might be your decoder which bug. Have you try to set your element
> level on playing state so what it could be done?

Yes, the "level" element is set on playing state without negotiation
problems it's no need. It's only when the rtsp server receive a client that
all the pipeline goes on and then it is sending messages.

Weavel wrote
> Why ? Can you tell us more about it?

When i used gst_bus_pop it doesn't handler anything. I can clearly see it
when i filtered it with GST_TYPE_ELEMENT or when i set gst_bus_timed_pop.

Weavel wrote
> Indeed, if you're level element send you message and that you don't
> handler anything it might be your bus function. I think that maybe you can
> catch the log debug file into your code.

Afaik, I don't see a way to catch log files of a debug list. If i'm wrong
maybe you can tell me?

Weavel wrote
> Regards,
> Weavel