how to compile v4l2src and ffenc_mpeg4 on Android

Francesco Argese kekko84 at gmail.com
Wed May 8 07:24:17 PDT 2013

Hello,

I have compiled gstreamer for Android with cerbero using the documentation
"Building from source using cerbero" [1]

The five tutorials works well for me and now I'd like to port one of my
software to Android.

I have two problems:
- v4l2src is missing among plugins available on Android. In particular in
configure phase of gst-plugins-good I obtain the following warning:
      configure: WARNING video4linux2 headers were found, but they're old
      configure: WARNING Please update v4l2 to compile the v4l2src.
- ffenc_mpeg4 is missing and I don't know how to enable it. I have read on
GStreamer website that on Android it is possible to use Android Media
codecs but it seems that there is no documentation on how to use them. What
is the name of these plugins and how can they be used?

Thanks,
Francesco Argese

[1]
http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Building+from+source+using+Cerbero"