Using liveadder

John Westing john.blank.westing at gmail.com
Wed May 8 15:43:18 PDT 2013

liveadder is what it is, I simply don't understand how to use it. The
pipeline examples I showed above were just proof-of-concept to explain my
problem, my target configuration is RTP and combining multiple streams. and
I don't understand why liveadder can't play the pipelines I have above? In
my pipeline example I configured the timestamps and durations to be exact,
and starting from 0, what timestamp information does liveadder expect to be
able to pass audio through it? Also Olivier while I have your attention, I
was able somehow to get liveadder to pass audio with an RTP stream,
however, when I started the second stream liveadder only passed the first
stream I started, even when I paused the first and only played the second,
it only allows the first stream through in all cases. I can see that
liveadder negotiates caps with both of its sink pads, data is getting to
it, it just doesn't get passed to alsasink for the second stream.

Oly, not exactly sure what your idea was for a final application, but
couldn't you just have a program that listens for key strokes and invokes
pipelines when key pressed events are received? ex: gst-launch filesrc
location=soundforAkey.wav ! wavparse ! alsasink. You could write a
gstreamer app to create the pipelines or invoke gst-launch using system().
Multiple instances of alsasink in different processes will mix the sounds
automatically (on my platform). You can send signals to the processes to
stop them and start over, or seek to the beginning if you can support
seeking. Just my thoughts, maybe I've under estimated the difficulty of
your problem.