uridecodebin accepting self signed certificate

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Sat May 11 16:10:23 PDT 2013

On Sat, 2013-05-11 at 15:56 -0700, sagark wrote:

> I want uridecodebin to accept self signed certificate served by https server.
> It uses neohttpsrc by default. Although in neohttpsrc  there is boolean
> property to let it accept self signed certificate but it is not exposed via
> uridecodebin . Although I added the certificate in
> /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt but still getting error
>
> gstneonhttpsrc.c(908): ssl_verify_callback ():
> /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstURIDecodeBin:decoder/GstNeonhttpSrc:source:
> Server certificate signer not trusted
>
> Any pointer in terms of how can I get it to work?

Connect to uridecodebin's "source-setup" signal, and in the callback set
the source's "accept-self-signed" property to TRUE (if the property
exists, or you know the source is neonhttpsrc). Alternatively use the
"notify::source" callback (this is another way of doing the same in
older 0.10 versions, the "notify" signal and the callback signature is
documented in the GObject docs).

Cheers
 -Tim