H264 Elementary playback

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Tue May 14 04:26:32 PDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-05-14 at 16:41 +0530, Deepak Jain wrote:

> I already have libgstvideoparsersbad.so plugin  installed
> inside /usr/local/lib/gstreamer-1.0.
>
> Dont know why it is not taking element h264parse
>
> In fact, its giving error to all the five elements that come under
> libgstvideoparsersbad.so namely h263parse, h264parse,diracparse,
> mpegvideoparse,mpeg4videoparse
>
> Any reason why it is not picking these?

It might be blacklisted for some reason, check with

  gst-inspect-1.0 -b

Run this:

  gst-inspect-1.0 /usr/local/lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstvideoparsersbad.so

to see if it shows any warnings or criticals that explain why it's not
getting loaded/picked up.

I suspect you don't have /usr/local/lib/ in your /etc/ld.so.conf* or in
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and it either picks up an older version of
libgstcodecparsers-1.0 where there are some symbols missing or it can't
find it. That's just a wild guess though.

Cheers
 -Tim