OSSbuild-type Gstreamer 1.0 on Windows

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Mon May 20 08:46:06 PDT 2013

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Wes Miller <wmiller at sdr.com> wrote:

> Is there an OSSbuilds or similar port of Gstreamer 1.0 to Windows (XP in my
> case) yet?  I REALLY don't want to have to download and install Cygwin or
> MinGW to build it.  Pity there is no YUM or APT for Windows.

While it would be ideal if someone provided a binary distribution of SDK
1.0, it really is pretty foolproof building it, even on Windows. It takes
less than an hour to install all the dependencies, and once you start the
build process with a simple command it will build the whole SDK for you in
several hours:
http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Building+from+source+using+Cerbero

-Josh