How to install a plugin to the installed SDK?

Haiming Wang whm_buaa at hotmail.com
Tue May 21 07:40:09 PDT 2013

Hi Josh,

   Thank you very much!

   could you please give me some clue about how to build gstreamer with "cerbero" for windows?  Is there any webpage for it?

Thanks and regards,
Haiming Wang

From: josh at joshdoe.com
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 10:17:38 -0400
Subject: Re: How to install a plugin to the installed SDK?
To: gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 10:06 AM, Haiming Wang <whm_buaa at hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi Josh,

  Thank you very much for your timely help.
   Actually, before I see your email, I also tried exactly the same as you suggest.   But looks like libgstx264.dll depneds on other dlls. So I got an error as below:

D:\gstreamer-sdk\ossbuild\Build\Windows\Win32\Release\bin>gst-inspect-0.10 x264

(gst-inspect-0.10:2192): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin 'D:\gstream

er-sdk\0.10\x86\lib\gstreamer-0.10\libgstx264.dll': `D:\gstreamer-sdk\0.10\x86\l
ib\gstreamer-0.10\libgstx264.dll': The specified module could not be found.

No such element or plugin 'x264'
Remember there are two DLLs, one DLL contains the GStreamer plugin, and is placed in lib/gstreamer-0.10, the other DLL contains the actual x264 library, something like libx264.dll, which is placed in bin/. In cases like these, use Dependency Walker [1] to find why a plugin might not be loading (could be missing DLL dependency, or ABI incompatibility, i.e. version conflicts).

[1]: http://www.dependencywalker.com/
-Josh