How to install a plugin to the installed SDK?

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Tue May 21 07:17:38 PDT 2013

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 10:06 AM, Haiming Wang <whm_buaa at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Josh,
>
>   Thank you very much for your timely help.
>    Actually, before I see your email, I also tried exactly the same as you
> suggest.   But looks like libgstx264.dll depneds on other dlls. So I got an
> error as below:
>
> D:\gstreamer-sdk\ossbuild\Build\Windows\Win32\Release\bin>gst-inspect-0.10
> x264
>
> (gst-inspect-0.10:2192): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin
> 'D:\gstream
> er-sdk\0.10\x86\lib\gstreamer-0.10\libgstx264.dll':
> `D:\gstreamer-sdk\0.10\x86\l
> ib\gstreamer-0.10\libgstx264.dll': The specified module could not be found.
> No such element or plugin 'x264'

Remember there are two DLLs, one DLL contains the GStreamer plugin, and is
placed in lib/gstreamer-0.10, the other DLL contains the actual x264
library, something like libx264.dll, which is placed in bin/. In cases like
these, use Dependency Walker [1] to find why a plugin might not be loading
(could be missing DLL dependency, or ABI incompatibility, i.e. version
conflicts).

[1]: http://www.dependencywalker.com/

-Josh