Getting Firewire webcam feed [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Doran, Mitchell (Student) Mitchell.Doran at dsto.defence.gov.au
Wed May 22 00:53:05 PDT 2013

UNCLASSIFIED

Hi guys,

I feel bad bothering the mailing list with something as trivial is this.
I am not familiar with digital video concepts, codecs, gstreamer and
pipes however I have been tasked to get some older firewire cameras
working on Ubuntu 12.10. I have figured out that I want to use dv1394src
to get my video feed and when I run

Gst-launch-0.10 dv1394src

It seems to work. Unfortunately I am so new to this that I havent been
able to work out the correct codecs and pipelines to actually display
any output on the screen. There doesn't seem to be many resources online
regarding the use of Gstreamer with firewire cameras.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Mitch Doran

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Department of Defence
and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the Crimes Act 1914.
If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact
the sender and delete the email.