h264parse

mrjojan prostoars at mail.ru
Wed May 29 02:19:11 PDT 2013

Tim-Philipp Müller-2 wrote
> On Sat, 2013-05-25 at 00:46 -0700, mrjojan wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> When replying, please try to trim the quoted message to a minimum.
>
>> When I`m using the rtsp server for streaming on this pipeline android
>> plays
>> well`
>>
>> filesrc location=test.mp4 ! qtdemux ! rtph264pay
>>
>> But when i use this pipeline , android does not give any errors and does
>> not
>> play`
>>
>> filesrc lcoation = test.h264 ! h264parse ! rtph264pay
>>
>> IMHO qtdemux gives some information about timestamping but the h264parse
>> could not do .
>>
>> Its possible to add that information on h264parse?
>
> Why do you think it's related to timestamping? It might be something
> else. For example, perhaps the link between h264parse ! rtph264pay
> defaults to stream-format=byte-stream, while qtdemux outputs
> stream-format=avc (the difference is that qtdemux adds H264 headers in
> form of codec_data to the caps immediately, while h264parse might not
> put these into the caps, and they might not be at the beginning of the
> stream then. You could try setting config-interval=1 on rtph264pay to
> see if it makes a difference. You could also try forcing the link
> between h264parse and rtph264pay to video/x-h264,stream-format=avc using
> a capsfilter in between the two. You could also try to force some kind
> of bogus timestamping on the h264 stream by doing identity
> datarate=12345 before rtph264pay, to see if that makes a difference, for
> debugging purposes.
>
> Cheers
>  -Tim

Thanks Tim for your answer.
I tried with this caps between h264parse and rtph264pay , video/x-264
stream-format=avc , but i don`t see any difference. When i tried with
config-interval=1 , again no difference.
But when i tried with identity datarate=12345, the android starts play my
video, but not so well . When i`m playing with gstreamer ` gst-launch-1.0
playbin uri=rtsp://127.0.0.1:8554/test. i saw this problem`
There may be a timestamping problem, or this computer is too slow.
what can i do for solve this ?
Regards
-mrjojan