h264parse

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Sat May 25 06:57:05 PDT 2013

On Sat, 2013-05-25 at 00:46 -0700, mrjojan wrote:

Hi,

When replying, please try to trim the quoted message to a minimum.

> When I`m using the rtsp server for streaming on this pipeline android plays
> well`
>
> filesrc location=test.mp4 ! qtdemux ! rtph264pay
>
> But when i use this pipeline , android does not give any errors and does not
> play`
>
> filesrc lcoation = test.h264 ! h264parse ! rtph264pay
>
> IMHO qtdemux gives some information about timestamping but the h264parse
> could not do .
>
> Its possible to add that information on h264parse?

Why do you think it's related to timestamping? It might be something
else. For example, perhaps the link between h264parse ! rtph264pay
defaults to stream-format=byte-stream, while qtdemux outputs
stream-format=avc (the difference is that qtdemux adds H264 headers in
form of codec_data to the caps immediately, while h264parse might not
put these into the caps, and they might not be at the beginning of the
stream then. You could try setting config-interval=1 on rtph264pay to
see if it makes a difference. You could also try forcing the link
between h264parse and rtph264pay to video/x-h264,stream-format=avc using
a capsfilter in between the two. You could also try to force some kind
of bogus timestamping on the h264 stream by doing identity
datarate=12345 before rtph264pay, to see if that makes a difference, for
debugging purposes.

Cheers
 -Tim