Cerbero on XP

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Wed May 29 07:35:16 PDT 2013

But after downloading cerbero it isn't installed anywhere.  /cerbero/ at the
mingw command prompt says "command not found."

Finally realizing /cerbero-uninstalled/ is an executable, in the mingw
command window I get:

Administrator at vm-wmiller1-xp ~/Downloads/cerbero
$ ./cerbero-uninstalled  *bootstrap*
/Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./cerbero-uninstalled", line 8, in <module>
    from cerbero.main import main
  File ".\cerbero\main.py", line 34, in <module>
    from cerbero import config, commands
  File ".\cerbero\config.py", line 25, in <module>
    from cerbero.utils import _, system_info, validate_packager,
to_unixpath,
  File ".\cerbero\utils\shell.py", line 40, in <module>
    PLATFORM = system_info()[0]
  File ".\cerbero\utils\__init__.py", line 192, in system_info
    raise FatalError("Windows version '%s' not supported" % win32_ver)
cerbero.errors.FatalError: Fatal Error: Windows version 'XP' not supported/

So, do I need to uninstall the /setuptools / I installed above?

When I downloaded the Win SDKs i chose not to install .Net 4.0.  I don't
want it as it is incompatible with other software we develop.  Do I have
tohave it?

Wes