Taking a chosen program (a + v) from multiprogram MPEG TS freezes

Yashil yashil1 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 9 10:34:26 PST 2013

Thank you Andrey. Now I can use the following pipeline to play audio and
video of program #2 in mpts_out.ts example file.

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location="D:/mpts_out.ts" ! tsdemux program-number=2
name=demux demux.audio_0025 ! queue ! decodebin ! audioconvert !
audioresample ! autoaudiosink demux.video_0022 ! queue ! decodebin !
videoconvert ! videoscale ! autovideosink

But when I want to play program #1's audio and video, it fails:

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location="D:/mpts_out.ts" ! tsdemux program-number=1
name=demux demux.audio_0025 ! queue ! decodebin ! audioconvert !
audioresample ! autoaudiosink demux.video_0022 ! queue ! decodebin !
videoconvert ! videoscale ! autovideosink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstTSDemux:demux: Internal data
stream error.
Additional debug info:
mpegtsbase.c(1307): mpegts_base_loop ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstTSDemux:demux: No program activated before EOS
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

"Media Player Classic" plays well audio and video of program #1 of this .ts
file by default.

Also I was able to play video part of program #1 using the following
command:
gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location="D:/mpts_out.ts" ! tsdemux program-number=1
! decodebin ! videoconvert ! autovideosink

Now problem 1 is: Playback of audio for program #2 is not smooth and I get
intermittent audio cuts.
Problem 2: How I can play audio of program #1 along with it's video?

I am using Windows 8 and I have installed gstreamer 1.2.0 including all
plugins. K-Lite Codec Pack is also installed.