Issue with 0.10 -> 1.0 port

Dylan Broome dylan at blackmoth.com.au
Mon Nov 11 00:22:53 PST 2013

Hello,

I am trying to port my application over to gstreamer 1.0, and rewriting it
in python using GObject Introspection. I have done this with success
however there is something that has changed that I just, simply, have no
idea where to start looking for the solution and I hope that someone here
can point me in the right direction.

I am encoding video stream (from a rtspsrc) and a subtitle stream
(generated on the fly with appsrc) into a matroska container. I am using
the following launch line :

matroskamux name=mux ! filesink name=sink rtspsrc name=videosrc ! queue
name=videoqueue ! rtph264depay name=depay ! h264parse name=decode ! mux.
appsrc name=appsrc caps=text/x-raw,format=utf8 stream-type=0 format=3
is-live=true ! queue name=appqueue ! kateenc category=subtitles
name=kateenc ! mux.

The problem is when I play this video back using my 0.10 application, the
subtitles were displayed. Two streams are encoded in the .mkv, a H-264
video and subtitle/x-kate stream. When I play back the .mkv file using my
Gst 1.0 (1.2.0 to be specific) The subtitles are not displayed (Video is)
Upon inspection, vlc reports 2 steams, video and subtitle, and that the
codec for the subtitle stream has a codec of 'Undef'. Files generated by my
0.10 application report the codec correctly as subtitle/x-kate.

Ive tried setting caps between kateenc and matroskamux to no avail.

Could this be something im missing with the new way Buffers (and the memory
within) are created? Maybe some meta-data?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you.

Dylan.