Issue with 0.10 -> 1.0 port

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Nov 11 01:03:55 PST 2013

On Mo, 2013-11-11 at 18:22 +1000, Dylan Broome wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to port my application over to gstreamer 1.0, and rewriting it
> in python using GObject Introspection. I have done this with success
> however there is something that has changed that I just, simply, have no
> idea where to start looking for the solution and I hope that someone here
> can point me in the right direction.
>
> I am encoding video stream (from a rtspsrc) and a subtitle stream
> (generated on the fly with appsrc) into a matroska container. I am using
> the following launch line :
>
> matroskamux name=mux ! filesink name=sink rtspsrc name=videosrc ! queue
> name=videoqueue ! rtph264depay name=depay ! h264parse name=decode ! mux.
> appsrc name=appsrc caps=text/x-raw,format=utf8 stream-type=0 format=3
> is-live=true ! queue name=appqueue ! kateenc category=subtitles
> name=kateenc ! mux.
>
> The problem is when I play this video back using my 0.10 application, the
> subtitles were displayed. Two streams are encoded in the .mkv, a H-264
> video and subtitle/x-kate stream. When I play back the .mkv file using my
> Gst 1.0 (1.2.0 to be specific) The subtitles are not displayed (Video is)
> Upon inspection, vlc reports 2 steams, video and subtitle, and that the
> codec for the subtitle stream has a codec of 'Undef'. Files generated by my
> 0.10 application report the codec correctly as subtitle/x-kate.
>
> Ive tried setting caps between kateenc and matroskamux to no avail.
>
> Could this be something im missing with the new way Buffers (and the memory
> within) are created? Maybe some meta-data?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you.

I'm not aware of anything that has changed in that regard, I would
consider this a bug. Can you report that at http://bugzilla.gnome.org
against GStreamer and include sample files?

A file I created here with a test pipeline seems to work just fine (in
GStreamer and VLC). This is the pipeline I used:

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com