GSTREAMER (or VLC) + OMXPLAYER

cvinyas cvinyas at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 09:14:15 PST 2013

Hello everybody,

I have a set of questions. I am working trying to build a VideoWall using
GStreamer and Raspberrys and in fact I have been able to do it. I have
installed Debian and GStreamer 1.0 in my laptop and it acts as a server.

The server sends 2 encoded H264 video flows over RTP/UDP to the Raspberrys,
which have also installed, GStreamer 1.0 and each one decodes his flow and
show in each monitor screen.

The problem is that with GStreamer in reception I am not able to reproduce
1920x1080p videos (due to the constraint of GStreamer plugins). So, instead
of using GStreamer in the clients I would like to use the omxplayer that is
able to receive the streaming. And I send exactly the same pipeline to the
clients but Omxplayer says "Have a nice day" and that's it.

Also, I have tried to stream the video with VLC and the reception with OMX
and it partially works but some errors in the video (green marks) appears,
but it plays at good frame rate and good quality. I don't how to configure
VLC to stream correctly the video to be able to play it in omxplayer.

If you have some recommendations I will appreciate them a lot.

Thank you.