UI frameworks to consider for a gstreamer based player

Dece Bel decebel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 17:54:34 PST 2013

This is not really a gstreamer question but something I think people on
this forum might have worked on.

Are there some samples/pointers for building UI for hosting the gstreamer
based player with video playback controls overlayed at the bottom of the
video player. For example - the default player on mac has the pause/play
etc buttons that are displayed at the bottom of the video and these
controls disappear when there is no mouse activity for a few seconds.

I do not have experience with Qt / Clutter or other UI frameworks but
willing to explore that might prove potentially useful with the above
features.
Another consideration that I have for a UI framework is support for multi
platforms (windows, iOS and Android).

Many thanks
Dece