#include in custom plugin and "Error: Failed to load plugin, Expected in: flat namespace"

nicksonsix nicksonsix at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 04:39:58 PST 2013

Hi,

I am working on a custom plugin. I added another source and header file,
typed #include "other_file.h" which is located in the directory next to
"myplugin.h" and after compiling I received that message when I want to
check this new plugin:

"GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin
'/usr/local/lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstmyplugin.so':
dlopen(/usr/local/lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstmyplugin.so, 2): Symbol not found:
_other_file_function
  Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstmyplugin.so
  Expected in: flat namespace
 in /usr/local/lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstmyplugin.so

What shall I do to make it working? I understand that "myplugin" cannot see
its but I have no idea how to force it to make "other_file" visible for its.
(I have tried adding "include_HEADERS = other_file.h in Makefile.am" but
still nothing.)

Thanks.