Issue with gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad and X11

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Nov 22 10:52:52 PST 2013

On Fr, 2013-11-15 at 02:46 +1000, Dylan Broome wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Im trying to build gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad on a system without X11 or X11
> libraries. The compile breaks trying to make libgstegl_1.0_la-egl.lo in
> /gst-libs/gst/egl
>
> This plugin requires a #include of X11/Xlib.h which I don't have. My
> questions is, what exactly does libgstegl_1.0_la-egl.lo do? as I dont see
> it being used anywhere. More importantly, is there a way I can prevent this
> plugin (if thats what it is) from being built?
>
> Any pointers would be gladly accepted :)

There were some problems in the configure check some weeks ago that
might've caused this. Could you retry with 1.2.1 release or latest git?

configure is checking for X11/Xlib.h and only uses it in ext/eglgles if
it is found. So if you still have this problem, please also attach the
config.log and config.h files.

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com