GStreamer unable to read input video when source stops and starts again

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Nov 22 11:24:42 PST 2013

On So, 2013-11-17 at 23:12 -0800, buro1983 wrote:
> my gstreamer commands are working fine to convert rtsp video to h.264 on
> Linux platform.
>
> gst-launch-1.0 -v rtspsrc location="source" ! rtph264depay ! avdec_h264 !
> videoscale !
> videorate skip-to-first=true ! videoconvert ! queue !
> capsfilter
> caps="video/x-raw,format=(string)I420,width=(int)320,height=(int)240,framerate=(fraction)30/1,colorimetry=(string)bt601"
> !
> x264enc byte-stream=true threads=1 me=1 subme=6 bitrate=100 speed-preset=1 !
> video/x-h264 ! rtph264pay pt=96 mtu=1300 ! udpsink clients="IP:port"
> But once source stops sending video feed and starts again then gstreamer
> pipeline does not read the new input stream, I need to restart gst command
> again to read new inputs.
>
> Is there anyway to check if source stops sending video so that I can write a
> script and everytime script will start gst command if source behave like
> this.

What exactly do you mean with the source stopping and then starting
again? Do the streams inside RTSP change? Is the RTSP connection dropped
or only the RTP streams restarted?

Can you ideally provide a testcase for this with gst-rtsp-server?

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com