GStreamer unable to read input video when source stops and starts again

buro1983 niloy.debnath at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 11:45:08 PST 2013

Hi, I'm getting rtsp feed from live cam and then encoding into H.264 and
accessing this video through sdp form vlc. Sometime I don't get video in
vlc, though gst command is running, then I need to restart the gst command
again and it starts working again. I don't have idea abt the cam, i've been
provided a rtsp link of the cam video feed. I suspect that RTP streams
getting restarted and becoz of that gst encoding commands are not able to
read the feed. I'm not sure, I just suspect. Basically I want to know how I
can handle this kind of scenarios whatever you have mentioned " inside RTSP
change? Is the RTSP connection dropped
or only the RTP streams restarted?"