set_context() vfunc for GstVideoDecoder

Jim Hodapp jim.hodapp at canonical.com
Mon Nov 25 08:58:11 PST 2013

I'm trying to use a CONTEXT query between a custom video sink and decoder
pair of plugins. In my case, the decoder originates the CONTEXT query and
the video sink should be the one to answer it stuffing the appropriate
context data into the GstContext and then replying to the query. My
question is, once the decoder receives the reply, it calls
gst_query_parse_context, and then gst_element_set_context. My question is
with setting the context - if a GstVideoDecoder doesn't have a vfunc for
set_context(), how is this supposed to work? How do I get access to the
contents of the GstQuery without this vfunc? I could figure some weird way
of getting access to it, but I want to follow the intent of the original
design. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jim