Timestamp problem...

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Nov 27 06:53:48 PST 2013

On Mi, 2013-11-27 at 14:29 +0100, Eric Trousset wrote:
> I managed to fix my media playback issue, and now my src has a clock. I just added a bus watch.

The clock distribution is independent from any bus watches on the
pipeline. What exactly did you change? Really just add a bus watch for
the bus of the pipeline? That sounds wrong.

Can you provide some code to show what you're doing?

> So now I am just missing the base_time.

That's distributed to elements by GstBin/GstPipeline when it goes to
PLAYING state. Is it always GST_CLOCK_TIME_NONE for you, no matter when
you get it?

Also in your previous example, use gst_element_get_clock() and
gst_element_get_base_time() or lock the GST_OBJECT_LOCK() when using the
macros to access them.

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com