RELEASE: GStreamer VA-API Plugins 0.5.7

tcdgreenwood tcdgreenwood at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 28 00:35:31 PST 2013

I am running gstreamer 1.2 on both centos and redhat 6 with no issues.   You will need to compile a few dependencies yourself, but for usage as a streaming RTP server I find there aren't too many issues to overcome as long as you install the libraries separately.  For our use case we only need to build glib and orc plus codecs for plugins with external dependencies as we require (e.g. libvpx for vp8enc and vp8dec, x264 for x264enc).  In fact we found that on all platforms our use cases required latest versions of these dependency libraries for bugs so when running on Ubuntu I was compiling these anyway.

Obviously there could be a conflict with some other packages that need rebuilding but it is working for me.